The Chief Diversity Office (CDO) funding request process is intended to provide a clearly defined process to request funding for programs, projects, or other events that clearly benefit the University. Essential elements of all submissions include:
- Completion of our online funding request form
- Intentional partnership with a representative of the Chief Diversity Office and its reporting units (Whom in our offices will you partner with and how?)
- Collaboration with other UI groups or individuals
- Description of the event
- Academic component demonstrating educational impact
- Intended audience
- How success of the program will be evaluated
- How funding received from the CDO will be used
- Other identifiable funding sources, including amounts, being sought
- Detailed budget for entire project
Note: CDO funding may not be used to support conference travel or activities that do not have the potential to serve a substantial number of members of the university community.
The Chief Diversity Officer and selected advisory members will review the requests. Following each deadline, a review process will occur. Please allow up to 30 days from receipt of application to receive news of funding requests.
All funded requests must complete and submit a final report, no later than 30 days after the end of the event. No funds will be transferred until the final report is received.